Usually, you are, or were, one of a professional assassins 5e or hit-man. Of course here your job, possibly even though your purpose in the life, was to kill the different people without getting to be caught. Even though with by luck or by talent, you should have been fairly successful- a famous assassin is a dead assassin after all. Here some of the questions you’re asked being this dnd 5e homebrew background such as;
- Were you born into the profession, or were you otherwise forced into it, or did you intentionally take up the dagger?
- Were you a solo act, or did you work for an agency/guild, organized crime group, or private individual?
- Did you work for money, personal beliefs, to avoid some threat from your employer or your own freedom?
- Were you brainwashed or tortured to do this type of work?
- Did you receive professional training as an assassin, or did you learn it by yourself?
- Did you hang up the hat, or are you still available for hire?
- Did you enjoy your work?
- How do you feel about your marks?
- What do you think of other assassins?
- Were there any really important people you were tasked to kill or were there any missions that were especially difficult or memorable?
Feature: Guild Membership
As an artisan, you’re belonging to the guild but instead of the different merchants that you consort with some killers. Of course you do live a comfortable lifestyle without any charge, and also your guild shall be grant you much protection from any kind of crimes that you are actually charged with, so up to a fillable value equal to the 10 x your level in gp. Of course in order to remain a part of the guild you must have to pay them 10 gp every month. Of course in an addition, your guild provides for a cost of some maintenance of your weapons and also your living costs (like food and shelter) while away from the guild.
Even though, if you are ever convicted of the charge for the assassination, roll a d4. On a 1, your guild shall be sever all ties with you. So, on a 2-4, your guild shall provide you with a particular cover story (select from the other backgrounds) like an assassin works even more better when not known as an assassin. Probably, if all of your connections with the many guilds are severed, you may be rejoin at the cost of 20 × your level in gp.
- Skill Proficiencies: Stealth, Deception
- Language Proficiencies: Thieves’ Cant
- Tool Proficiencies: Disguise Kit or Poisoner’s Kit
- Equipment: A set of common clothes, traveler’s clothes, and fine clothes, and a dark robe, each having a hidden pouch sewn into it. You also have several sheets of paper, an ink pen, and flacons of black, red, and invisible ink. 30 gp is hidden somewhere on you as well as a coin pouch containing 10 gp.
|1||I enjoy gold a lot, but mostly that of other people.|
|2||I do not mind stabbing an ally in the back if it will benefit me in the long run.|
|3||I don't like killing at all, so I regularly question my work.|
|4||I don't react to death at all unless it's someone I care about.|
|5||I never take anything seriously and I'm always willing to joke around.|
|6||I'm a bit of a show-off.|
|7||I have killed so many that I have lost count.|
|8||I hunt people like animals.|
|1||Greed: You are only in it for the money. (Evil)|
|2||Self-Knowledge: If you know yourself, there is nothing left to know. (Neutral)|
|3||Aspiration: I work hard to be the best there is at my craft. (Any)|
|4||People: I help people who help me--that's what keeps us alive. (Good)|
|5||Master: I'm a predator, and everyone else is my prey. (Evil)|
|6||Death: Some people deserve to die. (Chaotic)|
|1||I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.|
|2||A powerful person killed someone I love. Someday soon, I'll have my revenge.|
|3||I'm trying to pay off an old debt I owe to my teacher.|
|4||Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.|
|5||One day I will return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest assassin of them all.|
|6||My tools are symbols of my past life, and I carry them so that I will never forget my roots.|
|1||I love to own other people's gold- usually taken from their unsuspecting pocket or grave.|
|2||Secretly, I don't enjoy what I do, so I look at the world as if it's not real.|
|3||There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.|
|4||Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.|
|5||Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.|
|6||I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.|
Alternate Feature: Alibi
In any case should you select the path of a solo assassin, of course you might select this alternative feature instead. But instead of that belonging to the guild, you must have to be acquired acquaintances which will provide a suitable alibi should you fall under the suspicion after you have completed a job. Of course you must pay the 100 gold pieces to a person those who covers for you to use this feature, or else they shall turn the blind eye. However you may use this particular feature again after the 1d4 weeks of not committing murder. If you would like to use this particular feature again before then, the cost shall doubles for each consecutive use and also you should add an additional 1d2 weeks to your original wait period after each of it usage. So at your DM’s discretion, the excessive use of this feature before waiting of period has been finished will accrue suspicion of yourself and also your acquaintance, and probably you may be investigated, even kept under the surveillance, or else abandoned with your acquaintance like they break ties with you. And also, select a cover (select from the other backgrounds) as an professional assassin background 5e works best when not known as an assassin.